HMB Sport is a high quality, clean, paleo friendly product that contains nothing but the extensively researched ingredient HMB, shown to increase overall training performance. No fancy names, made up ingredients or questionable chemicals. Period
- 180 CAPSULES
- 3 CAPSULES TWICE DAILY
- 30 DAY SUPPLY
HMB is important in muscle health. It is stored in the muscles and used to build, maintain and repair muscle cells.
HMB is bound to Calcium to keep it stable as a powder and more soluble in water. Calcium is also good for bone health.
The body makes HMB by breaking down the amino acid leucine found in the protein we eat. Only about 5% of leucine is turned into HMB.
The HMB made by the body is topped up with HMB found in food. Some foods, like alfalfa, fish and grapefruit, contain higher amounts of HMB.
Taking HMB reduces the recovery time needed between training sessions. (16)
HMB has also been found to have a number of health benefits such as reduced blood pressure and cholesterol level. (18)
HMB Sport is for:
Competitors who train at CrossFit affiliates
Blonyx products are made in a GMP compliant manufacturing facility in the USA. The facility is compliant with both the FDA and Health Canada regulations.
We hold both product licenses and a site license with Health Canada. This means that the ingredients we use, and the facility we manufacture in, meet standards set by Health Canada. We are also required to test our finished products in an independent lab to ensure that they always meet label claims.
We regularly test our supplement products for banned substances in the same labs that run the Informed Choice certification (LGC). On top of this, Blonyx supplements are manufactured in a Texas based independent facility that holds GMP registration with both Informed Choice and NSF (for sport). This is our way of ensuring we produce the highest quality products while limiting the risk of contamination with banned substances.
When and how often should I take HMB Sport?
Make sure you take Blonyx HMB Sport every day, including rest days. The HMB in the product works much better if taken consistently and will help repair muscle while recovering. A good dosage regimen will be 3 capsules in the morning and 3 capsules in the evening after food which nicely spaces out the dosage. The optimal dosage is 2 capsules, 3 times a day, however this is harder to remember.
How much HMB Sport should I take?
There are two trains of thought here. The vast majority of research studies dose athletes at 3g/day, which is what is recommended on our labels. This does not take natural body weight variation between people into account however. A recent ACSM position stand stated that athletes would benefit from adjusting their dosage to 38mg/kg body weight. This means 3g/d for the average 180# individual, but a larger dose for anyone weighing more and vice versa.
How long will it take for me to notice training improvements?
HMB has a very consistent and continuous effect that becomes noticeable after 3-4 weeks. The first noticeable effect is a reduction in muscle soreness with high volume training. Following this is an acceleration of training improvements.
How will Blonyx affect my training?
HMB Sport will noticeably reduce muscle soreness, and will also maintain the power you can generate from sore muscles. You will be able to train harder and more frequently, which will speed improvements.
How is HMB Sport different to HMB+ Creatine?
HMB Sport is the same product as HMB+ Creatine but without the creatine monohydrate. It is also in capsule form. Creatine can add muscle water weight that is undesirable for athletes working on cutting weight for a competition or to improve body weight based gymnastic movements such as muscle ups.
1. Thomson et al. (2009): Controlled 9 week study on trained men. HMB increased lean mass, decreased fat mass and resulted in a substantial increase in lower body strength. Read the research
2. Nissen & Sharp (2003): A meta-analysis of all research to date on supplementation for strength and mass. Found that HMB and creatine are the only two supplements that have been shown to enhance strength and mass with resistance training. Read the research
3. Rowlans & Thomson (2009): A meta-analysis of existing research. HMB supplementation resulted in clear overall increases in strength in men starting a resistance training program, but the benefit of HMB in trained athletes was smaller. Read the research
4. Vukovich et al. (2001): Controlled 8 week study in weight training elderly men. HMB increased muscle strength and lean mass while increasing fat loss. Read the research
5. Lamboley et al. (2007): Placebo controlled study in college students. HMB supplementation increased maximal oxygen consumption by 5%. Read the research
6. Jowko et al. (2001): Controlled study in weight training males using creatine and HMB in combination. HMB and creatine supplementation results in even greater strength and lean gains than either HMB or creatine supplementation alone. Read the research
7. Baier et al. (2009): 1 year long controlled study in the elderly. HMB with two amino acids increased lean mass and protein turnover in older adults. Read the research
8. Slater et al. (2001): Controlled study in trained males. HMB enhanced strength and mass but the increases were small over the research period. Read the research
9. Vukovich & Dreifort (2001): Controlled study in trained cyclists. HMB supplementation increased cyclist endurance as measured by VO2 peak and lactic acid build-up. Read the research
10. Panton et al. (2000): Controlled study using male and female trained and untrained subjects. The study showed that regardless of gender or prior training, HMB increases strength and minimizes muscle damage when combined with a four week resistance-training program. Read the research
11. Kraemer et al. (2009): 12 week study on resistance trained men. HMB combined with two amino acids doubled the effects of training on lean mass and increased fat loss. Read the research
12. Gallagher et al. (2000): Controlled study with male weight lifters. HMB increased lean mass and peak muscle torques. It also decreased blood markers of muscle damage. Read the research
13. Knitter et al. (2000): Controlled study in male and female runners. HMB reduced muscle damage after a prolonged run as well as the perception of muscle soreness. Read the research
14. Kreider et al. (1999): Controlled study of 40 experienced, resistance trained men over just 4 weeks. HMB numerically increased lean mass and strength over the period of the study. Read the research
15. Wilson et al. (2008): A review of research on HMB. Concluded that collectively there is not only clinical data, but also mechanistic data supporting HMB's effect on increasing muscle mass and strength. Read the research
16. Nissen et al. (1996): Two controlled studies in weight training males for three and seven weeks. HMB increased strength and muscle mass while reducing muscle damage in all subjects. Read the research
17. Ransone et al. (2003): Controlled study in 35 trained collegiate football players. HMB increased muscle mass and reduced body fat however this was not statistically significant probably because the athletes only used HMB for 4 weeks so gains were small. Read the research
18. Wilson et al. (2013): The official position paper of the International Society of Sports Nutrition on HMB supplementation. HMB is one of the few supplements considered to be both safe and effective by the society. Read the research
19. Durkalec-Michalski & Jeszca (2016): A placebo controlled crossover study in 58 highly trained male athletes showed an increase in lean mass, reduction in fat mass and improvements in aerobic training performance. Read the research