This post is a summary of a recent article we have put together on how to ensure your HMB is real, high quality and safe to take. To read get the full details, check out our page: IS YOUR HMB REAL?
First of all, if you aren't familiar with HMB, its benefits, and the research behind it, it’s worth reading our WHAT IS HMB page before you read on.
WHY YOU SHOULD CARE ABOUT THE QUALITY OF HMB?
Before digging into how to pick the real HMB products, we want to give you some background on why you should care about the quality of your HMB supplements. Here are three reasons (read more):
- The supplement industry as a whole isn't well regulated meaning quality is highly variable
- HMB is expensive to make so brands try to cut corners to sell it
- There are a number of fake HMB products out there on the market (see here for examples)
With the reasoning out of the way, let's get to the good stuff:
5 WAYS TO KNOW IF YOUR HMB PRODUCT IS HIGH QUALITY AND SAFE1. Read the Label - Look for the HMB license information.
2. Check Dosage - Make sure they offer 3g/d of HMB.
3. Check the Price Tag - Unlicensed brands are priced a lot lower.
4. Check for Quality Certifications - High quality brands will have them.
5. Check the Packaging - High-quality brands will be up front about dosage and supply.